Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Viet Thai Restaurant, State College, PA


























































































If you arrive in State college, PA hungry for Thai food, head to Viet Thai Restaurant. If you never had Thai food, go to Viet Thai. I realize there aren’t many Thai restaurants in town, only two actually but it’s my favorite. I ordered Beef Chilli Saute with extra spice and it was great! Lot’s of flavor, lot’s of heat the meat and vegetables were not overcooked or under. Amanda ordered the Red Beef Curry, it was equally as tasty. Although I liked my Saute much better. Over the summer I made an authentic Thai curry that called for a lot of coconut milk. Ever since then, I’m not so crazy about coconut milk. Like the time in junior high school I ate so many Thin Mint style Girl Scout cookies I got sick and didn’t eat them for years. We also ordered the fish cakes and the Seafood Tom Yum. The Tom Yum was delicious. It had crab, mussels, calamari, and shrimp in it. A great starter! The day was cold and I had no interest in spring rolls. Although, I do enjoy their spring rolls. The Tom Yum was an excellent choice. Make sure to try the Vietnamese Coffee if you have never had it. The metal piece on top of the glass is a filter that contains hot water and coffee grinds. It’s a mini coffee maker a top your glass. The glass holds condensed milk, which you later mix before you drink. I would highly suggest visiting Viet Thai. It’s in State College, PA, on Atherton Street, between the Greyhound Bus station and Rainbow Music.

The address is: 146 N. Atherton St. State College, PA, Phone: (814) 238-5004. Go to yelp.com for more specific reviews, I give Viet Thai the thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment